Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago


Usually around once or twice a year I hear an album that really makes me stop and realize why I love music. This album does that. From start to finish this album had my attention, so much so that I listened to it three times in a row while I sat at my desk at work.

This album escaped me for almost a year now, until my friend informed me that we went to school with Justin Vernon aka - Bon Iver, and told me to give the album a listen. Vernon was in an extremely popular band called Deyarmond Edison while I was in school at the University of Wisconsin Eau Claire, and I had heard nothing of them after they broke up.

Well, 2 years later and talent pays off. Vernon MADE it. On the world stage... Pitchfork Magazine named his album in the top 50 of 2007 and numerous other magazines have given it 5 out of 5 stars. THE MAN IS OPENING FOR WILCO THIS SUMMER. W I L C O. That's a pretty good sign.

Anyways, here is the album. If you like it, buy it, or see the artist live. I'm seeing him this weekend at Pitchfork Music Festival and I can't wait.

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago




No comments: